Australian Citizenship FAQ’s
1. Application process for Australian Citizenship?
There are a number of steps in the application process. The time it takes to apply for and be granted Australian citizenship varies and each applicant will be different depending on their situation.
If you believe your situation is not straight forward you should seek the assistance of an immigration lawyer.
- Applicants will first need to determine if they are eligible to apply for citizenship.
- They will need to ensure that they meet the residence requirements or any special category requirements.
- They will be required to provide a number of original documents.
- Complete the application process.
- They will need to prepare for their citizenship test or interview.
- Wait to receive correspondence to see if the application has been approved and wait for the ceremony to be scheduled.