Skilled Migration FAQ’s
1. How do I find a skilled worker from outside Australia?
You can use your own selection processes or you can use SkillSelect to find a skilled worker from outside Australia. There is no obligation for you to sponsor a skilled worker you might find using SkillSelect.
- SkillSelect is a free, online service.
2. What is SkillSelect?
SkillSelect is an online expression of interest service for skilled workers and business people who are interested in migrating to Australia.
If you record your details in SkillSelect, you can be nominated for skilled visas by Australian employers or state and territory governments, or you might be invited by the Australian Government to apply for a visa.
The following visas must be applied for using SkillSelect:
- Business Talent (Permanent) (Subclass 132) Visa
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) (Subclass 188) Visa
- Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) Visa
- Skilled – Nominated (Subclass 190) Visa
- Skilled – Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (Subclass 489) Visa.
You can apply for the Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) Visa, the Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) Visa, and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) Visa using SkillSelect.